AFMC Result (Written) Published
Armed Forces Medical College Written Result has been published. The result is published as a roll no sequence, not merit wise. 309 candidates are selected for AMC and 155 for AFMC for Primary Health Examination which will be held on 12 October (For AMC cadets) and on 14 October (For AFMC Cadets)
View AFMC Written Result
Armed Forces Medical College Admission test for the session 2014-15 will be held on 19 September 2014, Friday at 10.00 am. This admission test will be gateway for both AMC and AFMC cadets.
Important Dates Of AFMC Admission 2014:
- AFMC Online Application Starts: 26 August 2014 (10.00 AM)
- AFMC Online Application Ends: 06 September, 2014 (2.00 PM)
- AFMC Admission Test Date: 19 September 2014, Friday (10.00 AM)
- AFMC admission result: 26 September 2014
- Application Fee: 600 Taka
Admission Test subjects:
- Physics=30, Chemistry=30, Biology=30, English=10
Important Files Download Link:
Eligibility for application:
Category of Medical Cadets
- AMC Cadets: After completion of internship training, AMC cadets will have to join Army Medical Corps (AMC) compulsorily. AMC cadets are exempted from admission fee, tuition fee and development charge. But they have to pay caution money, outfit, messing and laundry charges as per existing rates. Every AMC cadet will receive TK. 1500.00 (Taka one thousand five hundred only) per month as pocket money for a maximum period of 5 (five) years.
- AFMC Cadets: They have no compulsion to join AMC. Interested candidates will have the opportunity to join AMC like graduates from other medical colleges.
Type of commission :
AMC Cadets will be given non-regular commission as per army instruction 3/88. For Commission selected candidates have to undergo training at BMA, AMC center & school and AFMI respectively. Later on regular commission will be granted after completion of PRC Exam.
Ante date seniority :
After Completion of internship training , AMC cadets will join BMA as trainee officer. In BMA, trainee officers will get the Pay & Allowances of Captain Rank but are not allowed to wear the badges of captain rank. After successful completion of training they will be given captain rank along with three years antedate seniority from the date of joining BMA.
Eligibility for Admission : Bangladeshi Citizen
Candidate must fulfill the following requirements :
|(1) Age –||Maximum 20 years on 01 July 2014|
|(2) Sex –||Male / Female|
|(3) Marital status||Unmarried|
|(4) Nationality –||Bangladeshi by birth|
Must have passed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) or their equivalent examinations having Physics, Chemistry and Biology in HSC or its equivalent.
The minimum educational qualification are as follows :
- The students must have total GPA 8.00 & minimum GPA 4.00 in each of SSC or its equivalent and HSC or its equivalent examinations.
- For this session 2014-2015 those who have passed SSC or its equivalent examination on 2011 or before can’t apply.
- Candidates must have GPA 3.50 in Biology in HSC or its equivalent examination.
A candidate must be physically fit and conform to the minimum physical standard as laid down below:
(a) Height (Min) : 1.63 m (5’-4’’) :: Female – 1.55 m (5′-l”)
(b) Weight (Min): Male- 45.36 Kg (100 lbs) :: Female – 40.72 Kg (88 lbs)
(c) Chest (Min) : Male- Normal – 0.76m (30″) Expanded – 0.81 m (32″)
Female – Normal – 0.71 m (28″)
Expanded – 0.76m (30’’)
(d) Visual Standard- 6/6 () 2.5 corrected with glass)
(e) Color blindness is not accepted.
(f) Hearing must be within normal limit
Must be bit in medical board health exam.
Eligibility for Admission : Foreign Citizen
10% of total seat will be kept reserved for Foreign candidates to get admitted as AFMC Cadet only. Foreign candidates will have to apply through respective embassy/ Hi-commissioner and Ministry of Foreign Affairs Bangladesh. If suitable candidates are not found, vacant seats will be fulfilled by Bangladeshi candidates as per merit list.
Foreign Citizen must fulfill the following requirements:
|(1) Age –||Maximum 22 years on 1st July 2014|
|(2) Sex –||Male / Female|
|(3) Marital status||Unmarried|
(4) Educational qualification – Equivalent to minimum educational qualification required for Bangladeshi Citizen.
(5) Physical Standard : A candidate must be physically fit. The Decision of medical board will be final in this regard.
(6) Must abide by the rules and regulations of AFMC.
(7) Security clearance are required form respective authority/agency
Ineligibility for admission
- Found medically unfit by a medical board / appeal medical board (for AMC Cadet).
- Expelled or terminated from Army/Navy/Air Force or any Government service on any ground.
- Twice screened out / rejected by Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB). Once rejected and once screened out candidates may apply.(for AMC Cadet)
- Convicted by any court for any reason.
- Having a break of study for more than one year
Number of Medical cadets:
A total of 100medical cadets will be admitted through open competition. Forty percent (40%) will be admitted as AMC Cadets and rest (60%) will be as AFMC Cadets. However, 30% of the total seats will be kept reserved for the children of Armed Forces personnel’s both serving and retired. Out of these 30 cadets, 15 will be inducted as AMC cadets and 15 will be as AFMC cadets. Two (2%) percent of the total seats will be kept reserved for children of Freedom Fighters and one (1%) percent for Tribal citizen of Bangladesh.
Male female ratio: (For AMC Cadets Only) will be 70:30. [May vary as per requirements].
Admission test/ Entrance Examination:
Written examination will be held at different institution inside Dhaka Cantonment. Date , time and place of written examination will be mentioned in the admit Card. Candidates are selected for written exam on the basis of SSC & HSC result & other documents as mentioned above. A total of 4,000 candidates ( AMC 2200 & AFMC 1800) will be allowed to sit for written examination on the basius of merit and quota.
(1) Preliminarily selected candidates will sit for written examination (MCQ)* of 100 marks and the minimum qualifying marks will be 50. Distribution of marks is as under:
* Questions of the above mentioned subjects will be HSC standard
(2) For SSC or its equivalent examination, 8 times of GPA score and for HSC or its equivalent examination 12 times of GPA score will be added to make final merit list.
- Candidates (for AMC Cadets) qualified in written examination will appear at preliminary Medical Examination. Medically fit candidates will appear ISSB in order of merit. Candidates qualified in ISSB will be examined by a medical board at Combined Military Hospital (CMH), Dhaka. Date and time of medical examination will be intimated accordingly.
- Candidates (for AFMC Cadets) qualified in written examination will appear at preliminary Medical Examination. Medically fit candidates will appear viva voce examination for evaluation of communication skills, general knowledge, leadership qualities and human values. Candidates selected in viva voce exam will under go final medical checkup.
Appeal Medical Board
(For AMC Cadets only): Candidates found “Unfit” in the medical examination have the option to apply to the Army Headquarters, Adjutant General’s Branch for permission to appear before an Appeal Medical Board. The appeal must be made within 3 working days after being declared unfit by medical board. If a candidate is found “Unfit” by the Appeal Medical Board for reasons other than Height, Weight and Chest, he/she will be debarred from any further chance to apply for admission in AFMC.
l. Final Selection :
The selection committee formed by the Academic Council finally selects the candidates for admission. A waiting list (Both AMC & AFMC Cadets) will be prepared on the basis of merit and vacant seats (if any). They will undergo the same procedure for final selection according to their position in the waiting list.
Concealing information at any stage of selection procedure and its revelation later on makes the candidate liable for necessary disciplinary action/ withdrawal from the college.
Joining Instructions :
Finally selected Candidates both AMC & AFMC cadets will receive joining instruction from the Administrative block of Armed Forces Medical College for reporting to the college.