Khulna University of Engineering and Technology (KUET) 1st year BSc. Engineering Admission procedure started.
Admission Test will be held on 31 October (Friday), 2014 (09:30 AM – 12:00 PM)
Important Download and Links for KUET admission:
Important Date for KUET Admission:
- Online application starts: 23 September (Tuesday), 2014, 10:00 AM
- Online Application Ends: 14 October (Tuesday), 2014, 11:59 PM
- Deadline to Pay the Application Fees through SMS: 15 October (Wednesday), 2014, 11:59 PM
- Deadline of A, T or P marked Application Submission to Registrar Office ( Admission Section ): 15 October (Wednesday), 2014, 05:00 PM
- Publishing the List of Qualified Candidates for Admission Test: 20 October (Monday), 2014
- Date and Time of Admission Test: 31 October (Friday), 2014 Duration: 09:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- KUET Admission Result: 06 November (Thursday), 2014
Eligibility for KUET Admission 2014-15
- Candidate must be a citizen of Bangladesh.
- He/She must pass HSC/ Equivalent exam in the year 2014 or obtained ‘A’ level after November 2013.
- Applicant must have GPA 4.0 in SSC or equivalent examination from any Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education/Madrashah/Technical Educational Board.
- Candidate must obtain total GP 18.50 in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English in HSC or equivalent examination and must have at least GP 3.50 in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry individually and GP 3.00 in English in HSC/Alim or equivalent examination or obtain equivalent grade from Foreign Education Board.
- If the candidates passed GCE ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level, they must pass in at least 5 subjects with ‘B’ grade at GCE ‘O’ level and must obtain minimum ‘B’ grade in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics individually in GCE ‘A’ level.
Available Seats in KUET:
- Department of Civil Engineering-120
- Department of Building Engineering and Construction Management- 60
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning- 60
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering- 120
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering-60
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering- 60
- Department of Biomedical Engineering- 60
- Department of Mechanical Engineering- 120
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Management- 60
- Department of Leather Engineering- 60
- Department of Textile Engineering- 60
- Reserved- 05
- Total Seat: 815
Selection Criteria for Qualified Applicants for Admission Test:
- A merit list will be prepared among the valid applications submitted within the deadline, based on the applicant’s acquired grade points in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English. If the number of candidates exceeds 6500, the top 6500 candidates will be eligible for the admission test. If the 6500th candidates are more than one, then the least number of candidates will be selected on the basis of the applicant’s acquired HSC subject-wise grade points in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English or even the grade point average of HSC and SSC respectively.
- The final list of the qualified applicants will be displayed on the notice board of KUET. The list will also be available in the assigned website. The candidate has to collect all these information with his/her own responsibility.
KUET Admission Test Mark Distribution:
The admission test will be based mainly on the syllabus of HSC 2014 examination on the subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Functional English. The duration of the test is 2 and half hours. Total marks will be 500 and the question will be MCQ type. For each wrong answer.
How to Apply for KUET Admission Test:
- Application can be done through official website- http://admission.kuet.ac.bd/application_ug.php
- You have to make ready a recent color scanned photograph (approximately 300 x 350 pixel and at most 75 kB in size) and signature (approximately 300 x 80 pixel and at most 20 KB in size).
- After filling up the application form candidate can see the preview of the filled form by clicking ‘Preview’ button. If any information is needed to be corrected, one can edit the form by clicking ‘Update’ button.
- If everything in the ‘Preview of Application’ is correct, one can finally submit the application by clicking ‘Submit’ button. If the submission is successful, the applicant can see the ‘Confirmation Page’ where the necessary instruction will be provided along with the 6 digit ‘Application No.’. Applicant should print and collect the printable PDF version of the ‘Receipt of Application’ which will be available through clicking the ‘Download of Application’ button.
- Some applicants may be marked as A, T or P on the application for the following reasons:
- A = Passed in GCE ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level examination and from Foreign Education Board
- T = If the applicant is a Tribal.
- P = If there is a mismatch between the information provided by the applicant and information collected from the Education Board or the information in the Board is missing.
- A PDF version of the application and ‘Receipt of Application’ marked with A, T or P will be generated automatically. Applicants of this category are requested to follow the instruction mentioned in Step. The application fee of Tk. 600 (six hundred) should be paid through SMS using Teletalk Prepaid Mobile.
The instruction of ‘How to send SMS’ is as follows:
- Go to Teletalk Pre-paid Mobile Message Option and type KUET (space) Application Number and send it to 16222 number. Example: KUET xxxxxx where xxxxxx is the 6 digit Application No. of the Applicant.
- If the SMS is sent successfully, the sender will receive a return SMS mentioning the applicant’s name, amount of application fee and a 6 digit PIN code and will be asked to pay the application fee.
- If the applicant is agreed to pay the application fee, type KUET(space)YES(space)PIN code and send it to 16222 number. Example: KUET YES yyyyyy where yyyyyy is the 6 digit PIN code.
- If the sender has enough balance in the mobile, the application fee will be deducted from the balance and will be notified by a confirmation SMS.
Money receipt collection:
If applicants properly pay application fee by SMS and click “Applicants Login” link at (www.admission-Kuet.ac.bd) then they login by application No. & Password. Then they should download the PDF version by clicking ‘Download Money Receipt’ and print this.
Necessary Documents of only A, T or P marked applicants:
A, T, P marked ‘Receipts of application’ holder applicants must download PDF version of online filled up application and print 2 copies (one side) in a4 size 80g (gsm) white offset paper.
Applicants must attach following documents and submit at Register Office before 14th October, 2012 at 5 am by applicants or Guardians of applicants. * Applications are not acceptable by post or courier.
- Attested photocopy of certificate & grade sheet of SSC or equivalent examination.
- Attested photocopy of grade sheet of HSC or equivalent examination or copy of tabulation sheet attested by Principal.
- Printed “Money Receipt”.
- Printed “Receipt of Application” & “Application Form”.
- Tribal candidates must submit Certificates from the principal of college, Chairman of local township/ District Council/ Union Council and leader of tribal community for the prove of citizenship & tribal people.
KUET Admit card collection:
After publishing eligible candidates list for admission test candidates have to go this website: www.admission.kuet.ac.bd and click “Download Admit Card” link to download PDF file of “Admit Card” and print it to a 80gm offset paper. (Without “Admit Card” candidates are not allowed to attend Admission Test).
Candidates have to submit printed copy of online filled form, necessary documents to Registrar office (Who got “Receipt of Application” directed with A, T & P sign). Otherwise, submission can not be granted.