MIST Admission Circular
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) is one of the best Science and Technology Universities in Bangladesh. It offers quality education in engineering arena.
Admission procedure starts on 01 October 2014 for Undergraduate Programs. (Engineering+Architecture).
Important Dates for MIST Admission
- Application Submission: From 1 October to 20 October 2014 (upto midnight 12 Bangladesh Time).
- List of Eligible Candidates Publication: 7 November 2014.
- Written Admission Test. For Unit A: 0900 – 1200 hours on 14 November 2014 (Friday).
- Written Admission Test. For Unit B and (A+B): 0900 – 1200 hours and 1500-1600 hours on 14 November 2014 (Friday).
- MIST Admission Result Publication: 24 November 2014.
Departments and available seat in MIST:
There will be TWO units namely UNIT A (Engineering Program) and UNIT B (Architecture) in MIST Admission Test. The departments are shown in the following table with respective units.
- Civil Engineering -60
- Computer Science and Engineering-60
- Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering- 60
- Mechanical Engineering-60
- Aeronautical Engineering-60
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering-40
- Biomedical Engineering- 40
- Nuclear Science and Engineering- 40
- Environmental, Water Resources and Coastal Engineering-60
- Architecture- 25
Qualification to Apply for MIST Admission:
- SSC and HSC Examination (or Equivalent): The applicant must have passed SSC/equivalent examination in Science Group obtaining GPA 4.00 (without fourth subject) in the scale of 5.0 and in HSC/equivalent examination the applicant must obtain minimum ‘A+’ (A Plus) in any TWO subjects out of five subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Bangla,) and minimum ‘A’ grade in rest THREE subjects.
- GCE (‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels or Equivalent). The applicant must have qualified in minimum five subjects including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English Language with minimum ‘B’ in average in GCE ‘O’ Level and in ‘A’ level he/she must have obtained minimum ‘A’ in ONE subject out of three subjects including Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry with and minimum ‘B’ in rest TWO subjects.
c. HSC Passing Year. Applicant must have passed HSC/ Equivalent in 2013 or 2014.
Eligibility for Written Admission Test
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of total GPA of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and one-third GPA of English earned in HSC/equivalent examination. Approximately 6000 (Six thousands) short listed candidates will be allowed to appear at the written admission test.
- All eligible candidates with GCE ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) background and all eligible candidates against reserved seats (Children of Military Personnel, Children of Freedom Fighter, and Tribal Citizen) will be allowed to appear at the written admission test.
MIST Admission Test System
There will be no multiple choice type questions (MCQ) cialis livraison express. Question for written test will be based on the current syllabus HSC examination-2014. The marks distribution for both units is as follows:
Module 1 (for A Unit):
Total Marks- 300. Time: 3 hours (Mathematics-80, Physics-60, Chemistry-40, Functional English- 20).
Module-2 (For B Unit):
Total marks: 200+100 Time: 3+1 hours
Those who choose only departments of unit A, will only sit for the admission written test of Question Module 1 for THREE hours.
Those who choose only unit B (Architecture) and both A and B (Engineering and Architecture) will sit for question module 1 and 2, with a adequate break.
Selection Criteria for MIST Admission
Unit A (Engineering) and unit B (Architecture)
- Written Admission Test- 75%
- Total GPA of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry of HSC/A level/equivalent examination- 15%
- GPA of SSC/O level/equivalent examination (without 4th subject)- 10%
All applicants must obtain 40% of allocated marks separately for question module 1 and 2.
A merit list will be generated based on aggregate marks for required vacancies.
MIST Application Fees.
- Unit A (Engineering Program) only: Tk 750.00
- Unit B (Architecture) only: Tk 1050.00
- Unit A and B (Engineering + Architecture): Tk. 1050
MIST Online Application Form Submission
Application is to be submitted online through MIST website (www.mist.ac.bd) by paying Tk 750 (Seven hundred Fifty) for only UNIT A and Tk 1050 (One thousand and Fifty) for UNIT B and UNIT (A+B) though TeleTalk Prepaid mobile phone.
Go to MIST website (www.mist.ac.bd) and Click ‘Online Application’ box. From ‘Online Application’ box select ‘Online Application Form for General Education (HSC/ Alim/ Equivalent) Examination Candidates or ‘Online Application Form for GCE (A Level/ Equivalent) Candidates. Click ‘Next’. and follow the instructions. Best of luck………..:)
MIST Help Line:
Further clarification may be sought from MIST website and Admission Desk (8000266/01556565566/01769023896).