SUST Seat Plan
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) Honours 1st year admission test will be held on 15 November 2014 (Saturday- Both A and B Unit).
Important Date for SUST Admission:
- Application Start – 16th September, 2014
- Application End – 10th October, 2014
- Admission Test – 15th November, 2014 (Exam Time: A Unit-9:30 AM, B Unit- 2.30 PM)
SUST Admit Card, Seat Plan, Result by SMS:
- To know Admission date:Type SUST< space >DATE and send to 16242
- To Know Exam Subjects: Type SUST< space >EXAM SUB and send to 16242
- For any help: Type SUST< space >HELP and send to 16242
- If admission roll is forgot: Type SUST< space >Board-Code< space >HSC-Roll< space >HSC-Passing-Year< space >UNIT and send to 16222 from Teletalk Prepaid mobile
Subjects and Available seats in SUST
Seats Under A Unit (Science+Humanities+Commerce)
- Economics (ECO): 40+20+5=65
- Sociology (SOC): 30+30+5=65
- Political Studies (PSS): 20+40+5=65
- Public Administration (PAD) :20+40+5=65
- Anthropology (ANP) :20+40+5=65
- Social Work (SCW) : 25+35+5=65
- Business Administration (BUS) : 30+10+30=70
- English (ENG): 30+35+5=70
- Bangla (BNG): 5+60+5=70
- Total Seats in A Unit: 220+310+70=600
Seats Under B Unit:
- Physics (PHY): 65
- Chemistry (CHE) : 65
- Mathematics (MAT): 80
- Statistics (STA): 80
- Computer Science & Engineering (CSE): 60
- Chemical Engineering & Polymer Science (CEP): 50
- Industrial & Production Engineering (IPE): 50
- Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE): 50
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE): 35
- Food Engineering & Tea Technology (FET): 40
- Petroleum & Mining Engineering (PME): 35
- Geography and Environment (GEE): 40
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology (GEB): 35
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (BMB): 30
- Forestry and Environmental Science (FES): 55
- Architecture (ARC): 30
Total Seats in B Group: 800
Eligibility to apply for SUST Admission:
- Only students passed in the H.S.C (General/Technical)/Alim/Diploma in Commerce/Diploma in Engineering/Equivalent in 2013/2014 and in the S.S.C (General/Technical)/Dakhil/Equivalent in 2011/2012 can participate in the admission test. Also, student passed from Diploma in Engineering must have passed in S.S.C/Equivalent in 2009/2010. Student from science in H.S.C/Equivalent can apply in both A and B unit and others can apply only in A unit. A student must have the following minimum and total GPA requirements in S.S.C & H.S.C :
- For A Unit: Minimum GPA 3.0 in both S.S.C & H.S.C with a total GPA 6.5 in S.S.C+ H.S.C
- For B Unit: Minimum GPA 3.0 in both S.S.C & H.S.C with a total GPA 7.0 in S.S.C+ H.S.C
- G.C.E O level must have B grade at least in 3 subjects and pass in a tleast 5 subjects and A level must have B grade in at least 2 courses and pass in at least 3 courses.
How to Apply for SUST Admission:
For General HSC Students:
- Students have to send a SMS from any Teletalk Prepaid mobile phone to 16222.
- SMS Format : SUST< space >HSC-Board-Code< space >HSC-Roll< space >HSC-Passing-Year< space >SSC-Board-Code< space >SSC-Roll< space >SSC-Passing-Year< space >Unit-Keyword
- Board Code: First 3 letters of H.S.C/Equivalent/Technical/Madrasah board
- SMS Example :SUST< space >SYL< space >123456< space >2014< space >SYL< space >654321< space >2012< space >A1
If the student is eligible then they will get a reply SMS with a PIN
- In order to proceed the registration, students have to send another SMS (with their PIN) from any Teletalk Prepaid mobile to 16222
- SMS Format : SUST< space >YES< space >PIN< space >Contact-No
- SMS Example : SUST< space >YES< space >PIN< space >01xxxxxxxxx
Finally a Congratulations Message and the Admission Roll will be received if the Teletalk mobile contains sufficient amount for application fees.
Application Fee: A1-700 Taka, B1-700 Taka, B2-750 Taka, B3- 800 Taka, B4- 800 Taka
Important Things during application:
- Applicant can apply for both units (A and B) individually but cannot apply in more than one sub-unit under B.
- GCE and Bangladesh Open University students and those students who received the SMS like ‘Teletalk database does not have your complete information‘ from Teletalk are required to fill-up the online registration form on the website http://www.sust.edu/admission/registration.php. After successful registration, the student will get an code number and send a SMS like University-Code< space >WEB< space >Code-Number< space >HSC-Passing-Year< space >Desired-Unit-Keyword to the 16222 number using a prepaid Teletalk mobile phone.
Example : SUST< space > WEB< space >123456< space >2014< space >A1 FOR QUOTA : SUST< space >WEB< space >123456< space >2014< space >A1< space >FFQ
- Student should bring 2 recently taken passport size photographs during the admission test attested by the head of the institution or local UP chairman or ward councilor or Gazetted Officer or university teacher. Applicant should also write their admission roll number and name on the back-side of the photographs. This photograph will be considered as the admit card and no one are allowed to attend to the admission test without it.
- Students can get any information regarding to the admission test by sending an SMS like SUST< space >Desired-Keyword to 16242 from any mobile operator. Use the following keyword(s) to get any kind of information regarding to the admission test : DATE, FEES, EXAM SUB, REQD GPA, TOTAL SEAT, FORGOT ROLL & HELP
Registration for Quota Students:
For Quota Applicant, copy of related certificate should be uploaded within 10 October 2014 in university website (www.sust.edu/admission).
Quota Code For Son/Daughter of Fredom Fighter—FFQ,Indigenous—INQ,Disable—-DIQ,
SUST Admission Test:
- SUST Admission test will be MCQ Type.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 for each wrong answer.