Teletalk has taken a great initiative to distribute 3G SIM to the college and university students. SIM price is only 50 Taka.
I have already purchased a SIM on the very first day of the Amor Ekushey Boi Mela 2015 at Bangla Academy Premises. So, I have the practical knowledge how to grab a Bornomala SIM.
Features of Bornomala SIM:
- Voice Call:
- Teletalk to Teletalk: 30 Paisa per minute (10 second pulse)
- Teletalk to other operator: 60 paisa per minute (10 second pulse)
- Video Call:
- On-net only: 30 Paisa per minute
- On-net: 30 paisa/SMS
- Off-net: 40 paisa/SMS
- MMS: On-net: 1 Taka/MMS
- 500 MB- 70 Taka (Subscription Code D71) [80.50 Taka with VAT]
- 1 GB- 130 Taka (Subscription Code D72) [149.50 Taka with VAT]
- 5 GB- 400 Taka (Subscription Code D73) [460 Taka with VAT]
Speed will be 512 kbps and validity is for 30 days.
If you want to buy any data pack write subscription code and send to 111.
Example: D72 and send to 111 for 1 GB Data pack.
What comes free with each new sim:
50 Minute on-net talktime, 50 Minute video call, 50 SMS, 50 MMS and 250 MB Data.
Recharge 30 Taka and you will get:
30 Minute on-net talktime, 30 MB Data, 30 SMS (validity is 3 days)
How to buy Bornomala SIM:
If you want to buy from Ekushey Boi Mela:
If you have following papers ready, you can purchase Bornomala SIM from Boi Mela Teletalk Pavilion directly. User Registration form can be filled up after collecting from there.
- SSC Exam’s Admit card/ certificate/ mark sheet (photocopy)
- Photocopy of College/University ID card
- Photocopy of National ID/ Driving License/ Passport (If someone has no ID card, he/she has to bring photocopy of their parents’ or other relative’s ID card)
- 2 Copies passport size photograph
If you want to purchase after booking online:
Go to teletalk official website (www.teletalk.com.bd) and download the Bornomala Registration form. You can download it from here.
Now fill up the form like below one. I have filled this form up and sent to email@example.com. You will now get an auto reply. Wait 5-6 days. You will get SMS to your contact no describing your SIM pick up time, location ans serial no and what papers you have to take with you.
- National ID card photocopy
- Photocopy of SSC Certificate
- 2 copy passport size photograph
No other things are required. No student ID is required then. At Teletalk customer care center you can fill up Subscriber Registration form.